The overarching purpose of the NDIS is to provide funding to people with disability with the goal to grow a greater independence, learn new skills and overall improve quality of life. So now with more than 530,000 Australians supported by the NDIS, the emphasis on quality NDIS providers has never been so crucial.
NADO Disability Services is a registered NDIS provider and has been servicing the Nepean and Blue Mountain regions for over 40 years. Founded in 1980 by local families, NADO has grown and expanded its services to help support the local community.
Their vision “Changing Lives through Connected Communities” is the core statement that stems throughout the organisation. NADO is committed to providing services and supports that respond to the needs and personal goals of people with disability, their families and carers within the context of their home, work and community life.
With a diverse, professional and growing workforce, NADO offers the local community a wide range of quality NDIS services. These include:
- Accommodation – supported independent living (SIL), Short Term Accommodation (STA), Drop in Home Support and Specialist Disability Accommodation.
- Community Day Programs for adults that are specifically tailored to enhance the learning and development in a fun, engaging and inclusive environment.
- Group based recreational and social activities for young adults and mature age people.
- KidsZone – a program that offers children with disability a fantastic range of fun and social activities.
- Support Coordination services that can help you with our NDIS plan and connect you with relevant providers.
- Dedicated and professional Plan Management to assist and support NDIS Plans
- Team You – A professional one to one support service that is matched to your individual goals.
This community-based charity has also expanded in its services offerings with an in-store and online Sensory Store, a place where people can purchase support tools, therapy items and sensory learning toys. Together with its latest initiative, Share My Ability, a purpose built Sensory Activity Centre and recreational play centre for all ages and abilities based in Penrith.
NADO takes great pride in delivering exceptional services and helping to support NDIS Participants achieve their goals and live a happy and fulfilling life. You can visit their website for more information at https://nado.org.au/